Got your attention didn't we???
If you haven't heard about the Kitten Bowl airing on February 1 on the Hallmark Channel, you are missing out. Last year was MUCH more fun to watch than any football game out there. And this year promises to be just as much fun.
But....how about sharing a message at the same time?? The Lucy Pet Foundation is running an ad during the Kitten Bowl promoting spay and neuter. And all the stars are rescues!!! Even better....
Get a load of those linebackers....
Now you KNOW we are on board with that message. They will be using the hashtag #DogsVsCats during the game. The commercial was directed by Sam Nicholson - apparently he is famous for this show about
And here are some other things to think about:
- Lucy Pet Foundation's groundbreaking #DogsVsCats football game commercial airing on Super Bowl Sunday, will feature the most high-tech CGI ever done using animals.
- The Director of the commercial is Sam Nicholson, one of Hollywood's most acclaimed visual effects Wizards, known best for Heroes, 24, The Walking Dead and Star Trek I.
- The commercial will draw attention to the 80,000 pets euthanized each week in shelters across the US, due to overpopulation.
- Lucy Pet Foundation has a multi-targeted solution to pet overpopulation:
- Free and Low Cost Mobile Spay and Neuter Clinics across the country (eventually all free!)
- Grooming and training of shelter pets to make them more adoptable
- Working to enact legislation benefiting pets, including banning gas chambers at shelter
We of course will be rooting for Rickey in the commercial.
Want to learn more - head over to read a message from the president of the Lucy Pet Foundation Joey Herrick
And you can learn more about THE Lucy by reading her rescue story here
**disclaimer: This post was brought to you in an effort to raise awareness about Lucy Pet Foundation's upcoming ethical pet population campaign. Lucy Pet Foundation provided all images and information about the commercial, and will be entering our site into a drawing for a chance to win $500 towards a 501c3 rescue of our choice! If you are a blogger interested in spreading the word about this campaign, while also enjoying the chance to earn a donation for your favorite rescue, contact email@example.com and request more information!