Well.....mom has been thinking about them a lot. Hard not too....
So she sent the rescue lady a text this am. Here is the latest: they are doing well. (no update on Swizzle - sorry) They will be tested mid-June. Negative kittens will be moved and available for adoption. Positive kittens will go back into foster and retested at 90 days from that test. More than likely there will still be positive kittens at the end of this. Mom asked about getting them into rescue - we know it will be hard and we may get lots of "no" but at this point she needs to at least ask. Never know..... once we get there, we will post them here too and hope maybe someone out there know someone who is willing to take these kids. She was going to start looking now, but plans to wait and see what happens with the first test.
We think mom is just so used to shelters having the knee-jerk reaction of "positive = euthanasia" that she has to keep checking to see what is up with this lady. At least they are getting a chance.
Mom just paid the last bill and even with the rescue discounts, the total bill was scary. We are not getting treats or new toys any time soon.....but we know it was worth it. Even if mom is gonna have to catch us and torture us. Chiclet gets tested on 6/10 and Dr Taylor comes for the rest of us on 6/16. Wish us luck!!!
screw that - wish the vet luck!!!
Oh - and to change the subject, this is the latest picture of our cousin Minnie. She went in yesterday to get her stitches out from her ladygardenectomy and got a bath. She is the Pet Doctors of America Pet of the Day (you can click on their facebook link and see her on their wall as well). She now weighs 60 pounds and is taller than mom's niece!!! We all think she just looks pitiful.... MOL