Several bloggers are joining with Go Pet Friendly blog to answer some questions about blogging.
1. How long have you been blogging? And, for anyone who is visiting for the first time, please give a quick description of the subject of your blog.
Our very first blog post was August 10, 2009. It started out as mom talking about us and gradually we took over talking about our adventures and fostering and volunteering in animal rescue.
2. What is the one thing that you accomplished during 2015, either on your blog or because of it, that made you most proud?
We continue to talk about rescue and fostering. Just bringing awareness to the public about the continuing need for education and rescue brings us joy. Mom has posted a few times from her perspective about TNR and fostering and the day to day rescue things.
3. Which of your blog posts was your favorite this year and why?
Mom blogged about getting what you NEED sometimes rather than what you think you WANT. She was talking about her original plan to adopt Coral, who passed away from FIP, and ending up adopting Daiquiri, which wasn't ever the plan....and yet has been a wonderful thing.
4. What is one thing you’ve done in the past year that has brought more traffic to your blog?
We are more active on facebook and instagram. Not sure how much that drives people actually to the blog, but it gets pictures of us and the kittens out there.
5. Which of your blog posts got the most traffic this year? Why do you think it was so popular?
6. What is one blog that you read religiously – other than your own – and what makes you such a devoted reader?
Love and Hisses. Her pictures and stories make me smile. She is also a foster for kittens and I have had the pleasure of getting to know her and sharing stories and information away from the blog as well. Tails from the Foster Kittens is our other favorite - she is another foster who has great educational info and takes great pictures. There are so many great blogs out there....we feel like we are leaving so many friends out.
7. What resources do you rely on to enhance your technical, writing, photography, social media, or other skills that improve your blog?
Friends and fellow bloggers. It is great to be a part of a community where you can ask any question and get an answer - and have them put it so you understand (have we mentioned recently mom is a techno-dork?).
8. What is the best piece of advice you can offer other bloggers?
Be yourself. Find a voice and go with it. Avoid the "cat speak" thing that seems popular in some places....it can be hard to read. Find something you are passionate about - that will shine through and keep your readers interested (at least we hope it does).
9. What is your vision for your blog in 2016? Do you have specific goals?
Probably keep doing what we have been doing - talking about rescue and walking the walk. It is much easier to tell people about change when you can show them an example of how to do it.
10. You have the attention of the pet blogging community – is there one blogging challenge you’d like help with, or one aspect of your blog that you’d like input on?
We would love to take better pictures, but we suspect part of that would be a better camera and that isn't in the budget right now. Mom could put in some time learning to edit however... MOL We love getting comments, but it would be nice to know if there are things people want to know about or do they enjoy hearing about our day to day adventures.